Web based back office
Any time, any place, anywhere! That is the one of the benefits of web based interfaces.
You can access your EPOS system from home, overseas, from any machine that can run Microsoft Internet Explorer.
But there are other benefits that don't always spring to mind. If you are a corporate customer and have 100s of sites located all over the country the savings in having a centralized web based service are massive compared to having to support 100s of PCs with Windows, network rights and security, virus checkers, backups, user passwords and a specific EPOS application - the management of this is a nightmare and requires a lot of resources all increasing costs. If all you have to do is provide standard off the shelf PCs with Broadband internet access - life suddenly becomes much easier.
If you are an operator of a small to medium sized enterprise then you too will benefit hugely. With a more traditional EPOS solution you would have to manage the database and computers yourself. If something goes wrong then not everyone is capable of resolving the issues themselves and this causes disruption in the business and additional costs. With the Centegra Hosted service you need not worry about any of this, the server is maintained for you, the backups are run for you, all you need is a web browser.
Some venues even like taking the PC out of the site altogether so that staff are focused on the customers. In small locations where there is no room for a PC then using a Laptop to access your data is about the only way to manage the operation.
Area managers love it, they can keep track of several sites, logon at the services on their way and check up on performance before a site visit. Not to mention the effective use of work-at-home time.
With the Centegra On-line interface you can:
· Run Reports on all aspects of sales, staff, stock and performance
· Setup automated reports to be emailed to you at fixed times of the day
· Management features include tracking the weather, budgets and system settings
· Stock Control includes product setup, prices, stock takes, orders and deliveries
· Clerk administration and Time Sheet tracking and review
· POS Management Features including button setup, update schedules, terminal configurations such as printers and displays.
· Loyalty system management
· ..and many other features..